THE SOCIETY HOLDS QUARTERLY AUCTIONS
CLOSING DATE FOR BIDS:
August 15, 2017
ALL BIDS SHOULD BE SENT BY August 15, 2017 TO THE AUCTION CHAIRPERSON:Jim Gaul
1920 Fawn Lane
Hellertown, PA 18055-2117
- All bids are per lot as numbered in the listing. Please check your bids. Bidders are responsible for mistakes. All bids are confidential. “BUY” bids are not acceptable!
- The highest bidder shall prevail. Lots will be sold at one advance over the second highest bid. If only one bid is received, the lot will be sold at the minimum bid. In the event of identical bids on the same lot, the lot will be awarded to the first bid received. No bids below the minimum level will be accepted. A 10 percent buyer’s commission will be added to the selling price and charged to the successful bidder.
- The right to remove any lot from this sale is reserved.
- Photocopies of lots are available for 25 cents for each lot, except for bulk lots. A SASE is required for the return of the photocopies.
- Catalog numbers are Scott numbers unless specified otherwise.
- Bidding increments are as follows:
- $5.00 to $25.00 — $0.50
- $25.01 to $50.00 — $1.00
- $50.01 to $100.00 — $2.50
- $100.01 to $250.00 — $5.00
- $250.01 and up — $10.00
- Successful bidders will be notified by mail and must remit in full before any lots are sent. Buyers are expected to remit immediately upon receipt of the notice. Payment must be sent to the Auction Chairperson, payable to him. Failure to remit payment will carry SHP membership penalties. Payments may be made by personal or bank check in U.S. dollars only.
- Payments can be made by Paypal, with the addition of a 4% Paypal fee. Paypal payment may be made to [email protected]
- All postage costs for mailing lots, including insurance and registration plus a $1.00 handling fee will be charged each successful bidder.
- To the best of the Chairperson’s ability, every effort has been made to ensure that all lots are correctly described. Any bidder contesting the description of a lot must do so within five days of the receipt of a questioned lot.
- The placing of a bid shall constitute acceptance of the foregoing conditions of sale.
- Prices realized will be published in a subsequent auction listing.
CALL FOR CONSIGNMENTS OF HUNGARIAN
AND RELATED PHILATELIC MATERIAL
FOR INCLUSION IN THE 2017 SHP
Consignments are currently being accepted for the SHP 2017 AUCTIONS. Lots will be accepted for future auctions based on the published closing dates for each auction.
Auction listings will be sent out in the preceding quarterly issue of The News of Hungarian Philately for the current auction. Lots will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. No consignor may place more than 20 lots in any one mini-auction. Any material received after the published closing date, will be held for inclusion in the next mini-auction. Unsold lots will be returned to the owner after the close-out of the auction at the owner’s expense.
- Each item, including literature, must be Hungarian-related.
- Each lot must have a minimum bid of $5.00.
- Each lot should be enclosed in a protective mount, glassine envelope or other appropriate protective cover and must be accompanied by a description in English and a Scott or Magyar Bélyegek Katalógusa (MBK) catalog number.
- Lots must be sent to the Auction Chairperson by insured or registered mail. Neither SHP nor the Auction Chairperson will accept responsibility for any material shipped without such coverage. Return postage, insurance or registration fees for unsold lots, will be charged to the owner.
- Every effort will be made to assure the protection and safety of the material while in the possession of the Auction Chairperson. In the unlikely event of fire, storm, theft or other act resulting in damage or loss, neither SHP nor the Chairperson, can accept responsibility for such loss.
- A commission of 10 percent of the realized price will be retained by SHP from buyers and sellers for the benefit of the Society.
- Lots with faults must be so described. Failure to comply with the rules may result in the rejection of material.
- Inclusion or rejection of an item is at the discretion of the Chairperson.
- Overprinted occupation material from the years 1919/21 and 1944/45 is offered always as is (without obligo), unless stated otherwise.
All material should be sent to the auction chairperson:
1920 Fawn Lane
Hellertown, PA 18055-2117